There is something special about having your dad step up and defend you with a shovel and threats to feed the offender piece by piece to a bobcat even if your assailant is only a rooster. I won’t waste space reminding you how odious, intolerable, and terrifying our rooster is. Just accept it as a fact. It is a truth universally acknowledged that roosters are evil.
Once the rooster made me bleed dad chased it,with a shovel, while telling the rooster it’s not so bright future.
I have learned so much from my dad, who is the smartest and most humble man I know. He loves God and wants to honor Him completely. These are my favorite things about dad.
– He taught me how to make milk mustaches.
– We had coffee together when I was little. He gave me an espresso cup of coffee when I was two which explains why coffee is necessary to proper function.
– He taught me how to throw a football in the church sanctuary.
– He let me help him build, fix, and make things including our house, the entertainment center, and everything I break….
– He taught me how to think about and defend my faith.
– He introduced me to every genre of music typically by some sort of making rendition emphasizing the wimpiness of the men singing, emulating a falsetto, or communicating a deep eternal truth. Now he writes kareoke, writes parodies, and sings with them….sometimes with a Kermit the Frog voice 🙂
-He danced with me to blaring music…and dances with my sisters now
– He takes each of us girls to breakfast every now and then
– He knows my favorite flowers 🙂
– He can get me sucked into YouTube where we spend hours delving into music, sports, and hilarity…
– He checks on me to make sure I get to work and come home safely
– He loves God and has taught me by example
I love you Dad