I was studying for my College Comp Test and remembered this list while reviewing. This helps me all the time, so maybe it will help you, all my victims who don’t read me.
HOW TO WRITE GOOD! (like me)
1. Avoid alliteration always.
2. Prepositions are no words to end sentences with.
3. Avoid clichés like the plague.
4. Employ the vernacular ad nauseam.
5. Eschew ampersands & abbrev., etc.
6. Parenthetical remarks (however relevant) are
7. It is wrong to ever split an infinitive.
8. Contractions aren’t acceptable.
9. Foreign words are not apropos.
10. As Emerson said, “I hate quotations. Tell me what you
11. Comparisons are as bad as clichés.
12. One should never generalize.
13. Don’t be redundant; it is highly superfluous to use
more words than necessary.
14. Be specific, more or less.
15. Understatement is insipid.
16. Exaggeration is infinitely worse than understatement.
17. One word sentences? Simple. Eliminate!
18. The passive voice is to be avoided.
19. Bad analogies are like feathers on a snake.
20. Even if a mixed metaphor sings, it should be derailed.
21. Who needs rhetorical questions?
22. Colloquialisms are grody to the max.
23. Abjure polysyllabic obfuscations.
24. Finally, chech for pselling errors and typeos