The Top Twenty-one Things We Learned in Indonesia:
- There are no chairs!!!! (The floor is REALLY hard.)
- Doorways are built for small people!!!!!!! (All the tall people need helmets.)
- Being white is celebrity status. We have to be ready to smile for the camera constantly.
- While goat pee smells bad, it really improves the taste of the vegetables!
- Do not use your left hand (toilet hand) to pass things.
- You can’t have the bottom of your feet facing people because you will be flipping them off.
- If you do a T in sign language, basically you’re giving someone the middle finger.
- Rice and tofu can be made 100 different ways!
- Point with your thumb not your pointer finger.
- Lizards are in your room and sometimes use the bathroom on your head.
- Doing laundry is considered an Olympic sport.
- Flypaper is very useful to catch the swarms of flies that come inside. (However, when my water bottle was dumped on the paper it was not so fun.)
- Motor Bikes are the taking over Indonesia!!! Watch out because they WILL run you off the road.
- Water is your best friend and your worst enemy.
- If you are offered food, you must eat it. If it’s a lunch and they just gave you tons of snacks, you still have to eat it even if you think you’re going to pop!
- Everything is damp.
- Coffee and Green Tea hard candies along with Pikachu snack packs are amazing!!!!!
- When you go fishing, you can keep any size fish! (What on earth???)
- If a pregnant woman touches one of your facial features and then touches her stomach it means that she wants her child to have that characteristic.
- A little caterpillar can give you a rash.
- I WAS ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE WORLD IN INDONESIA!!!!!!
Bonus: Guys wear skirts!