I have exactly twenty five days before I fly away. I have been meaning to read several books, but every time I am just about to sit down with one I get hit with a near fatal case of procrastinitis. Procrastinitis is a very serious disease of the mind where the lazious virus bonds with the somethingbettertodociouea gene causing mass failure of the discipline and self control portions of the mind. If you do not get treatment, your life may fall apart.
After rehab, I have decided to take those books back up. Unfortunately I can not fit them all in my bag, so I have three weeks and four days to read my books.
1. The Imitation of Christ by Thomas A Kempis
– I have read it before, but I should review it.
2. Knowing God by J.I. Packer
– This is my favorite book outside of the Bible, so I might take it with me, but I am still determined to read it now.
3. The Reason for God by Timothy Keller
– To review my apologetics
4. Church Planting Movements by David Garrison
– Required reading
There are a couple others on women in Islam, but I do not know if I will get to them…
Needless to say, I will be staying on my discipline supplement, praying, and seriously considering where I am in my walk with Christ.
I also have Heaven by Randy Alcorn, Forgotten God by Francis Chan, and Respectable Sins by Jerry Bridges to listen to.
Wish me strong eyes and determination.